When it comes to burning fat and attaining good health, trust us, there is no shortcut. All the commercials that tell you otherwise is talking about a weight loss that you will not be able to maintain, and which moreover is all but healthy.
Eating a balanced diet, and a nutritious one, coupled with being physically active is the best way to stay healthy and reduce your vulnerability to diseases. To stabilize your weight, your energy (kJ) intake needs to equal the energy you lose. If you use more energy than you consume, you will lose weight. And if you eat more than you use, you will gain weight.
You need to make small but healthy changes to your eating and exercise habits. You should be able to maintain these changes – that way the reduced weight will not increase again.
Below are some tips to help you not just lose fat but also achieve a healthier lifestyle, by taking a healthier approach to both food and exercise. Remember, in following these tips and advices, if money is ever a hindrance, you always have crowdfunding to stand by you. Read on to find out more about its role in your weight loss journey.
A Healthier Approach to Food
- Don’t Skip Meals. Skipping meals does not make you healthier. In fact, if you skip meals you will find you eat more when you eat after a long time and this may lead to a larger stomach capacity. The stomach capacity can increase if large meals are eaten. This then increases the amount of food you need for you to feel ‘full’. You do not need to starve yourself if you’re trying to lose weight.
- Do Not Crash-Diet. It lowers your metabolism. When you lose weight too quickly, you also lose fat and muscle. Muscle burns calories, but fat doesn’t. So, when you then stop dieting and eat normally again, your body will burn even fewer calories than before because the relative amount of muscle in your body has decreased and your metabolic rate is slower.
- Think About When And Why You Overeat. Some of the factors to consider are- night eating, social eating and emotional eating.
If you can stay away from unplanned or habitual eating, and stick to regular meals and snacks, it will help you lose weight. Keeping a diligent record of what you eat, when you eat and your hunger levels before eating can help you ascertain why you consume certain foods at certain times of the day. Here are some ways you can make your diet healthier:
- Ensure that your diet is dominated by vegetables, fruits, whole-grain bread and cereal.
- Cut down on saturated fats and alcohol.
- Replace sugary drinks with water.
- Choose organic. It can be expensive but you already have crowdfunding to take care of it.
- Avoid using food for comfort, such as when you are upset, angry or stressed. Explore other healthy ways to cope with these feelings.
A Healthier Approach to Exercise
- Stop being a couch potato and start moving. Exercise actually increases your energy levels and helps you feel less tired. Even moderate amounts of physical activity of about 30 or 60 minutes a day can boost your metabolic rate and aid weight loss.
- Some ways for a healthy and fun exercise activity are walking, cycling, gardening, swimming.
You can make you lifestyle more active by playing a sport that you enjoy or taking stairs instead of lifts.
With obesity rates rising at an alarming rate, what is stopping you from opting for a healthier life? Thanks to crowdfunding in India, your life just got easier without expenses to worry about, and you are now one big step closer to achieving your health goals.